We're headed into our second week at Lake Chelan. Matthew, Henry and I are alone together for the first time in six weeks. We're sitting in a little coffee shop in downtown Chelan reading, bumming off their free wireless, and drinking coffee. And I am wondering if life gets much better than this ... or at least if vacation gets much better than this.
We spent a great week with Matthew's mom, stepfather Gary (who we love), and brother Andrew last week. We played on the boat, soaked up the sun, and had good quality time together. And then I got the flu. But lets move past those days.
Last Thursday two of my favorite people in the world - Patricia and Hayley - plus their wonderful spouses came up to Chelan for a little girl weekend. I was a bit out of it for the first day but by Saturday we were rearing to go. We spent the morning out on the boat and in the afternoon we rented a jet ski which may be one of the most fun things to do on a lake that was ever invented. Sunday morning we all woke up stiff sore and bruised ... but happy!!!
Unfortunately I think our camera may have been a fatality of the move so I don't have any pics to post (all of the pics from Washington so far have come from others) ... but we're hoping it will turn up soon or that it's in Pasadena. Sigh.
We have one more week here in Chelan and then on Sunday we leave for Friday Harbor for a few days with Matt's dad, followed by a few days in Seattle visiting friends before we start to head south.
I love summer. I love vacation. I love Washington. No complaints from me whatsoever ;).
If I can get some pictures from others from the last week, I'll post them later.
2 comments:
Sounds wonderful! Enjoy this time!
gosh, what a life, huh???: ) hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation just as much!
Post a Comment