I am summoning the troops here to ask for prayer (nothing critical, but still ... prayers appreciated).
On Thursday at 5pm my dear child and I will embark on our flight to the Netherlands, while my poor pup is relegated to the cargo hold for the duration of the flight - 12 hours of total flying time with a plane switch halfway through in Iceland. At first the airline seemed to think that there was a good chance this flight would not fill up, therefore allowing Calvin his own seat rather than having to chill on my lap, but it now seems that the flight is quite full. Additionally, Matthew and I have discovered that there could be some real logistical complications once we arrive in Amsterdam. Apparently I am meant to acquire all of our luggage as well as the dog (a feat that I'm fairly sure is physically impossible) and take this possy through customs before I am able to solicit outside help (ie, my husband). We're working on this with the airport in terms of getting help, or allowing Matthew in, but surprisingly it is not looking very promising.
This all goes to say, there are some potential logistical nightmares afoot. However, I am a firm believer that prayer is powerful so I am asking for it! Here's my bullet point list:
* Calm spirits for me and Calvin (me especially)
* A happy one year old who has slept well the night before and is ready to tough it out with me
* Safety for Henry below the plane
* Some sort of miracle that gives Calvin his own seat!
* The help of strangers that see a poor schmuck in need (me being the schmuck)
* Overall a safe, graceful, smooth flying experience
Thanks all! I so appreciate your support, friendship, and prayers!
I'll let you know how it all went once we arrive ;)
1 comment:
I am so glad I checked your blog today--I will be praying all day for all of these things, particularly that Calvin sleeps well tonight! God is ABLE to do all of these things, and I just know you will have helpful people around you, in Jesus' Name! Love & blessings on your trip!
Post a Comment