Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Henry!

A very happy FIFTH Birthday to our dear pup, Henry!

Here is a little picture tribute to the many places our little guy has adventured with us:

The day we picked him up, when he was eight weeks old - so small and sweet!

Sleeping with Matt.

Four months old, rolling around in the laundry.

Playing fetch on the Oregon coast.

Braving the windy gales at the Golden Gate Bridge.

Boating at Green Lake.

Hanging out on the Jersey Shore.

Surveying his kingdom at the golf course behind our house in New Jersey.

As powerful as the Washington Monument ;).

Hanging out on the Butte overlooking Lake Chelan.

The Green Lake on Highway Two ... I can't remember what it's actually called.

On the ferry to the San Juan Islands.

Hiking and camping in Southern California.

Hating the snow sticking in his paws during a winter in Princeton.

Catching the frisbee like the awesome dog he is.


Obviously Henry will never see this, but it was fun to remember how much this little guy has done with us - a cross country move, all kinds of different trips, and the addition of little Calvin. What a great dog he is! Those who know and love Henry have learned to appreciate his many eccentricities.

The rules of Henry's life:
* I like to hump my towel, especially when I am not getting enough attention
* Don't pet me when I'm begging for food.
* Leave me alone, I want to sleep - that is why I have left the room
* You can only fight me with one hand
* Don't touch my paw ... or my nails
* Yes, you may bathe and groom me ... but I will expect payment afterwards
* One day I will win and the vacuum cleaner will die
* Other dogs are not invited in. I am a lone child.
* If I hear a knock or anything else suspicious I will bark ... even though I know I'm not supposed to.
* All squirrels must die.
* I prefer to walk at a brisk pace ... try to keep up.
* Please throw my frisbee low and accurately or I will not bring it back.
* The front seat of the car is mine ... whether you are there or not.
* Treats are desired often and in large quantities.

These are just a few of the "Henry things" we have grown to love. As, I know, have many of you! Happy birthday big boy - what a blessing you have been to us!

4 comments:

Doug Verwolf said...

Hilarious!

Happy Birthday Henry!

U Doug

Megan said...

We love dear Henry and miss him so much! We miss his parents and brother too! Happy Birthday Hen!
Love, Megan and Andrew

Mo said...

My favorite California dog, hands down. :)

Alisa said...

I love those pictures!