Monday, May 24, 2010

Is it June yet???

We have had a ridiculously busy last couple of weeks, with the next three not looking any better. The good news is that the end is in sight and once graduation comes around on June 12 our lives will start looking a whole lot nicer! (well, mine will at least ...)

Matthew is deep into his studying for his comprehensive doctoral exams to be taken at the end of July and beginning of August. Studying for him means working his way through 2-3 books a day, outlining and studying them. The poor kid gets up at 5am every day and is home by dinner ... and is a bit more brain-fried than I'm used to seeing him. Two more months of this too! But he can do it and will be just fine. He also got some great news that next spring he will be able to teach a class at Fuller! The class is called Perspectives on Christ and Culture and is usually taught by Dr. Mouw, but come spring 2011 it will be taught by "MJ Kaemingk"! We just saw the course list last night and it was very exciting to see his name on it.

We also celebrated Matt's 29th Birthday a few weeks ago and had a great wine and cheese party at our place for 30 of his closest friends. Haha. But it was great fun. The pictures are kind of blurry, but here are a few that turned out ...




I am also buried neck deep in school work in an attempt to get final papers written and prepare for my final exams. Additionally, church has been excessively busy the last couple weeks and I quite foolishly agreed to help out at my old job for a little over a week after their receptionist suddenly quit. What I was thinking I am unsure. But as I said, June 12 is getting closer ... and a week later we head to Washington for THREE weeks to study and do church prep for the fall and of course ... play and see people! So we're getting really excited for that.

We officially start our THIRD trimester on Friday!!! I've been feeling really good for the most part, but definitely starting to have some aches in my back and such. But the little guy kicks quite a bit and had hiccups for the first time yesterday. All in all, it's a pretty fun stage of pregnancy so I'm enjoying it.
We started our birthing classes last week which has been really interesting. All the women in it are due in early July, but we had to take the class kind of early because of our upcoming vacation, which means I'm a bit behind them all. So of course, we go to practice squatting and I'm showing Matt how fast I can do them with my "much small than theirs" belly ... and could hardly move the next day. Apparently if you don't keep using those muscles they kind of stop working. Lesson learned.

Well, that's about it for us. I'll post again after graduation when things have settled down!

2 comments:

Sally said...

That's a great anniversary present to be done on the 12th. :)

jennifer said...

I think you are done now so hopefully you are celebrating!!! Hope you are feeling well!