Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Washington Bound!

I've gotten lots of questions, so this seems like a good way to clear them up! We are headed to Washington on Sunday. We're planning to take off early early early Sunday morning and drive to Seattle in a day because Matthew is insane. Should be a blast :) Henry is, of course, coming along. One of the huge perks of being able to drive home!!!

Anyways, here's the schedule - we'll be in Seattle from July 20 - 23; in Bellingham July 24-25; Chelan from July 26-30; and then quickly back to Seattle so that Matthew can catch his flight to the Netherlands on July 31. He will be there for a month studying dutch at the University of Amsterdam and living with a scholar friend of ours and his family that we met in Princeton that live nearby. He is SO excited. While he is on his way to Amsterdam, I will head to Yakima and spend a few weeks hanging out with the family and working on fall prep for the church. August 14 my sweet mama and I hit the road again and drive back to LA. Matthew is planning to fly back to LAX on August 31.

Sorry to bore you with dates, but many have expressed confusion on when we're where and what exactly our summer plans are, so I thought this might clear it up.

After finishing up my fourth week of a summer intensive, I have to say that I am incredibly ready for a vacation. Matthew and I are both realizing we haven't really had a break since Christmas (if that counts) and are just really feeling burned out. This is why people don't do summer school I think - because your mind needs to rest! We are very thankful that the church realizes that too and was happy to give us the time to be with family and prep from a distance. While technically it is a "working vacation" for both of us, we're trying not to think about that. Papers will get written and prep will get done ... right???



So Washington, here we come!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very busy summer for both of you, and I'm happy to have the info.
Bless your sweet mama for driving back down with you!
Aunt Linda

jennifer said...

Sounds like a fun trip! And congrats on the new job!!

Cari said...

hope it's all very relaxing for you!! you deserved some r and r. any chance you can stop here on your way back to l.a.? we are a great breaking point: ) i understand if not. but i miss you so much!! have a great time in washington with family and friends. lots of hugs!!!