The good - we are really liking Pasadena and are settling in well. We're a little over a week into classes and feeling overwhelmed for sure, but also really thankful to be here. Fuller feels very different than Princeton, but mostly in good ways. We're definitely happy to be back on the west coast. There's a lot to say so I'll condense.
I LOVE my worship class and the prof here who teaches liturgical studies is SUPERB. My other classes are good too ... definitely a lot of reading, which is taking some getting used to. Matt is taking two PhD seminars and surviving quite nicely. We are definitely busy, but also happier (at least I am) then I've been in a long time. I feel stimulated and excited and engaged, which is definitely a change from the last couple years and for that I am very thankful. Work is fine ... the job itself is good but is interfering with a lot of extra things I would like to do so I don't know we'll see ... which brings me to the bad news.
We found out that our car is definitely on its last legs. I took it in last week to get the oil changed and because of the extent of our cars issues, they couldn't even do that. So this is the end of the road. We are definitely sad because above all things - we really love our car! And we were hoping it would at least last until the end of my schooling. Obviously the other looming issue is how we afford a car with both of us one week into full time schooling. Yeah, the timing is definitely not the greatest.
We've been looking around and are definitely feeling overwhelmed and also a little frustrated because we just don't have time right now to deal with this. But we have been amazed the last couple of months how God has provided so we are trying hard to trust that this too will be taken care of. It's definitely a good practice for us in trusting not only in the good times. But we keep reminding ourselves that we are sure of our calling to Fuller and to be students and have felt very affirmed in that since being here.
So we will trust and wait. And ask for your prayers :).
1 comment:
Glad you are enjoying your time and studies at Fuller! Sorry to hear about the car...maybe you could just get some really fancy bikes to replace it...just kidding!
Post a Comment