They flew in Thursday night to Boston, and I went and met them there. It was fun to be there again. Matt and I went once for a short weekend, but I'm glad I had the chance to explore more. Here they are in front of the Cheers bar (the outside part).
This was in a park in Boston. I don't know any of these kids, but seeing them on those ducks was so stinking cute I could hardly even stand it.
After a weekend in Boston, we drove back to New Jersey. We spent a few days here, me working, Matt reading, and my family playing in New York. That Wednesday I went to New York with my mom for a late birthday present and we went to the Lion King (awesome!). It was a really fun production and I'm very thankful I had the chance to see it. Then we thought we'd see if we could get last minute cheap tickets to something, and ended up going to Hairspray that night. That's my kind of day.
Incase anyone is wondering ... (and I digress) but here are musicals you MUST see at some point in your lives: Les Mis, Wicked, Hairspray, Lion King ... I think that's it. There are others that are great, but these to me are my all time faves.
Anyways, the next day we all piled in the car and drove ... to DC! Yes, my parents are busy beavers. My mom said she had always wanted to see the fireworks from DC so it was fun to be able to do that. And after three years here and many trips to DC, I rode the Metro for the first time! On the fourth we staked out a place near Arlington Cemetery (through periodic rain storms) which was perfect to watch the fireworks.
The next day we got back in the car to go to ... a Yankees game! So fun. They played the Red Sox, which if you know anything about baseball, is a hot ticket game and a huge rivalry. We sat with the true fans (both for the Yankees and the Red Sox) in the bleachers with the "bleacher creatures" as they are wonderfully named. The game was actually pretty mellow until the 9th inning, when the Red Sox tried to fight back. Unsuccessfully. Usually I hate the Yankees, but it is fun to be there so I root for them. It's kind of a nice change. Plus, my former boyfriend Alex Rodriguez plays there, so ...
After the days of craziness, we spent a few quiet days in Princeton and at the shore. My dad headed to Texas for a conference, and my mom stayed and help pack which we are so thankful for. Coming out here it took me several days to pack all our dishes and she did it in a few hours. No one packs like mom!
So the last few weeks have been nuts, with this one looking even crazier. The apartment is half packed and Matthew loads the truck up Saturday for an early Sunday morning departure. There's a lot to do!
5 comments:
sounds like you had a wonderful time with your parents. wow! you did a lot: ) trying to get in all in one last time, eh? you know, they have broadways in san fransisco and la. we should all get together and go to one sometime. wish we could be there to help you guys pack. you'll get it all done! i'll try to call you and "check up" on you while matt is gone. love ya!!! and can't wait to see you in like two months!
Heather, I am excited for us to talk Sunday. In the meantime, hang in there through the packing and moving craziness. I didn't know you and A-rod were, you know, like a "couple" (c: You wild girl!
I'm glad you are taking advantage of your last few weeks in NJ. I am still kicking myself for all the stuff that we DIDN'T do before we left! I know you have been counting down the move for a long time and it is getting sooo close!
I wondered if you'd viewed your former flame. fyi He's Keith's bromance. Which makes me throw up in my mouth a little. ;)
Your mom is the greatest ANY WAY YOU LOOK AT IT!
I'm so glad that they were there for a last hurrah, and also some help for you.
We can hardly wait to see you.
Hugs!
Aunt Linda
P.S. I had forgotten about your ex-boyfriend A-Rod. You will have to talk to Keith about him :-)
Post a Comment