Monday, April 28, 2008

I love my CamelBak

I have always had a hard time drinking enough water. This is mostly because I'm on the go a lot and don't have a cool water bottle to carry around with me. I hate disposable bottles because they smell funny and are very bad for the environment. I also do not love Nalgene's (despite my northwest roots) because if I'm moving at all while I drink it I end up spilling all over myself.

So let me introduce you all to a magical, life-changing water bottle. My good friend Katie Roberts turned me on to this bad boy and I have been its biggest advocate ever since. Let me tell you why this is great. First and foremost, it has a straw. GENIUS. It's basically an adult sippy cup. It's easy to drink out of and you don't run the risk of spilling all over yourself. Plus, they look neat. Because of this water bottle, I now drink roughly 6-7 liters of water a day. And let me tell you what ... I get sick less, my face looks better, I feel better, and I have more energy. MAGICAL. (I realize it's the water that's magical, but the vessel that transports the water is also important).

Here's the bad news. My friend Cari called me a couple weeks ago to say that she had seen a segment on the Today show talking about my lovely waterbottle and how it carries a chemical called Bisphenol-A which apparently causes cancer (what doesn't) and bleeding in umbilical chords. Yikes. It's especially dangerous for women of a child-bearing age. Now, this was concerning to me but due to my love of my CamelBak, I still use it. If one stopped using everything they said could cause cancer ... well, you know. But I still felt a little uneasy about it ...

Until today! CamelBak just released a statement that by the end of April they are coming out with a new line of 100% BPA-free products!

Would you like to know if your waterbottle is causing cancer and umbilical bleeding? At the bottom of every bottle there is a little triangle thing with a number in it. 7's are bad. 3's and 6's are bad. All other numbers are good. The old CamelBak's were 7's, the new ones are supposed to be 1's.

So go buy a CamelBak today! You too can experience the life-changing power of this little bottle. ;) Is it sad that my longest post yet is on a waterbottle? Oh well ... life has many simple pleasures.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I just might need to buy one! :) Thanks for the post -- I'm a smarter girl for it!
Alisa

JeffandKatyRiddell said...

Ha!!! I love the Ode to the Camelback...best water bottle ever!!